Monday, 17 December 2012

Annoying Orange Effect



I had to make my face be on an object. Firstly, I opened up 'Photo Booth' and recorded myself for a few seconds. I then went to 'Google' and copied an image of an apple. After that I opened up 'Final Cut Pro' clicked on 'File', then 'Imported' the short video clip onto it, then 'Imported' the image of the apple onto it.

After that, I dragged the image of the Apple on top of the video clip and cropped the apple to make sure it was the same length as my video. I then clicked on the 'Motion' tab and cropped some parts of the video image to make sure it was the same size as the image of the apple. I then clicked on 'Toggle Clip Overlays' at the bottom to lower the capacity so that I could match up my video clip to the apple.


I then clicked on 'Effects', 'Video Filters', 'Matte', and 'Mask Shape'. I clicked on the apple and went to the 'Filters' tab and clicked on the 'Oval' shape. I then clicked on 'Invert' and used the 'Horizontal' and 'Vertical Scale' to make the circle the same size as my eye.
I also clicked on the 'Center' button to make the size right.
I then clicked on the side where it says 'Mask Shape' and I copied and pasted that part so that I could do the other eye the same. I copied and pasted again and done the same thing for my mouth.

Once that was done, I went to 'Effects', 'Video Filters', 'Matte' and 'Mask Feather'. I copied and pasted again and where it says 'Soft', I made it '48'. After that, I clicked on 'Effects', 'Video Filters', 'Image Control', and 'Tint'. I then clicked on the 'Filters' tab then the 'Eye Drop', then clicked on the apple and it got the right green colour for it.

After all of that, 
I 'Rendered' everything and clicked on 'File', then 'Exported' it as a 'QuickTime' movie then to put it on 'Youtube'. I didn't realise that I didn't crop out everything at the bottom though.

No comments:

Post a Comment